FARE p.76 #9 & #8

In my opinion, the amount of DTL for years 1 through 2 in Mill's balance sheet was $90,000 and $150,000 respectively. I mean the income tax rate, 30%, not 25% was applied to calculate the DTL for those two years because the enacted tax rate was 30% when you generated those years' balance sheet. If we use 25% tax rate for year 3 DTL calculation since the difference is future taxable, do we have to retrospectively correct DTL of year 1 and year 2 by applying 25% tax rate?

For me, question #8 on the same page is so awkward. For example, when you generate year 1 balance sheet, how can you know future four-year tax rates and future four years' financial information? We just use past and current years' data to calculate DTL for a current year balance sheet except when we know a different tax rate has been passed into law for next year?

코멘트 목록

CAS Director

해마다 추가 및 증가되는 DTL/DTA 가 있습니다. 실무에서는 보다 자세하고 정확한 정보를 바탕으로 적용되는 enacted tax rate 을 고려하여 DTL/DTA 를 adjustment 하게 됩니다. 시험문제상에서는 그렇게 복잡하게 출제되고 있으며, 기본적인 개념을 바탕으로 이해하시면 됩니다.

cpaprep

문제가 복잡하다는 것이 아니라, 문제자체가 너무 억지스럽다는 얘기입니다. 아니, 어찌 미래 4년치의 회계자료와, 미래의 tax rate 변동을 알아서, 현재의 회계처리를 합니까? Estimation해야 하는 회계처리도 아닌데~